We were recently asked by Birmingham City Council to undertake a community consultation project as part of their East Birmingham Inclusive Growth Strategy (EBIGS) redevelopment scheme. As part of this process we organised and hosted a series of online Zoom meet-ups. These were recorded and compiled into as short video which you can view by clicking on the image above.
What is EBIGS?
Strategy designed to make East Birmingham a great place to grow up, to live and to work, where people are healthy and successful.
- East Birmingham in top 20% most deprived areas in England
- Lower life expectancy and more cases of mental health disorders
- High unemployment figures
- Lower educational attainment
Birmingham City Council wants to reduce inequalities and build a fair and inclusive City. It wants to create a clean, safe, prosperous and well-connected place where citizens from all backgrounds have access to excellent housing, education, healthcare, green spaces and employment opportunities.
The Big Moves
- The strategy explains the main activities that will deliver this vision.
- Improved Local Services
- Business, employment and skills
- Local places and green spaces
- Midland Metro East Birmingham to Solihull extension
- Heavy rail network